Sunday, November 6, 2011

Adjusting to a New Schedule

We've just gotten the hang of this female-led marriage arrangement (I think, anyway) and things are changing. My knight started working the overnight shift. His first overnight "day" was Saturday night. He worked from 11pm until 8 am  after being up all day with me and the kids. We helped run a chess tournament and did family stuff all day, and then he took off for work without even a nap. This morning he came home and went to church with me and the kids. Our son was playing in the string group and even though I gave him permission to stay home my knight requested to come along anyway. He didn't want to miss kiddo's first string performance. As soon as kiddo was done playing, I ordered my knight to go sleep in our car until we were done.

Right now, I am contemplating a plan of action for making sure my knight gets enough sleep, while maintaining our newly found order. Knowing him, he will need my guidance and instruction NOW more than he typically does. He does not think clearly when he's tired. I will work on finding a routine which allows him enough sleep time but still gives us time together, and gives him time with the kids.

We'll see how this works out. AND I need to tell him to pWe've just gotten the hang of this female-led marriage arrangement (I think, anyway) and things are changing. My knight started working the overnight shift. His first overnight "day" was Saturday night. He worked from 11pm until 8 am  after being up all day with me and the kids. We helped run a chess tournament and then didull a slip from the consequence box. I asked my knight to clean out the fridge yesterday while I went grocery shopping. He did the job.. but he did a bad job of it.  How are we going to find time for rewards or consequences with him working nights?? Typically our private time for such things has been at night, after the kids go to bed. If he's at work, how will this pan out?

Only time will tell, I guess.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Incentive..

Knight has a thing for body piercings. I have a couple piercings that he gets to play with and take photos of when he's been really good...